Stokesbary PLLC is a boutique business law firm that delivers exceptional legal counsel to clients in Seattle, across the Puget Sound region, and around the globe. The firm represents companies at all stages of growth: from startup to financing to acquisition, and the transactions in between.
A law firm that solves your problems
With today’s business, financial, and regulatory challenges, starting a company or investing in one can be a complicated task. Companies and their founders and investors rely on Stokesbary PLLC for experienced legal counsel on corporate law and securities matters.
A law firm that understands technology
While Stokesbary PLLC represents clients in legacy industries (like construction, finance, and retail), the firm predominantly works with startups and emerging companies. Most of our clients either compete in the tech space directly or leverage technology in a new and interesting way. To the right, you’ll see a list of some of these clients, which are doing innovative and inspiring things. If you’re a tech company, your lawyer should understand technology. At Stokesbary PLLC, we do, which is why so many startups choose us for their legal counsel.
A law firm that thinks like entrepreneurs
Founded in 2015 with a single attorney, Stokesbary PLLC is an entrepreneurial endeavor itself. With first-hand startup experience, the firm provides creative and cost-efficient counsel to its clients. Our goal is to solve your legal problems quickly, so you can focus on running and growing your business. And we work on your schedule, whether that means joining an early-morning conference call with your investors in Europe or answering an urgent late-night email.
- App developers (solving B2B, dining, election, financial, parking, photo/video, social, sports, travel and TV pain points)
- Cloud-based logistics company
- Commercial real estate online rental platform
- Construction firms
- Drone flight manager for-hire
- Fintech startups (solving lending, rental property management and tax issues)
- Food and beverage on-demend delivery companies
- Health care analytics startups leveraging big data
- Hedge funds, venture capital funds, and their managers
- Medical device company
- Online media publishers (print and video)
- Political candidates, campaigns and committees
- Real estate developers and investors, holding commercial and residential properties
- Retailers (e-commerce, brick+mortar, subscription-based and bespoke)
- Robotics hardware developer
- Talent and recruiting platforms (leveraging AI, gaming, and social)